Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Call to Action


Jason Randall reporting for blog duty.  Haha.  I’m a bit new to this blogging lark and I have to say I’m more of an action man than a man of letters but sometimes you just have to get the keyboard out and start typing.

Probably your thinking Who is Jason Randall…?  Right?  That’s a question that many have asked but they’ve never received an answer. Until now.

Actually if you want to know a bit more about me you can go to the Who is Jason Randall?  section on this blog.  I’m basically just a bicycle maniac, as you will see.

Well now, why a call to action?  I’ve been a big part of the bicycle scene in Korea for over 30 years, I’m at it’s heart, it’s life force, its bel esprit.  I’ve cycled all the routes, seen all the sites and have had the pleasure of knowing some of the cycling greats that have graced the back roads of Korea:

Pat Wigan

Brian Barry

Sandy Turnpike

Kid Williams (R.I.P)

and lets not forget my good buddy Chester George

“wow” You’re probably thinking, I know, I know.  All the greats.  But there’s a name missing isn’t there, you’re thinking “Where is Jason Randall?  Why isn’t he on the list?”, well, you be the judge.  Haha.

Now, back to business, you might also be thinking that there should be another name on that list, he’s been causing a bit of a stir recently in the biking world, making a bit of a name for himself on all the routes, you know who I’m talking about don’t you.  Couch on Wheels.

He’s got a lot of gall, a lot of nerve maybe even a lot of spunk.  He’s pulled off some big rides, seen some pretty big sites but you’ve got to do it consistently and you’ve got to put in the years, I’m talking decades here.  Thats when you start to get close to the list, maybe even find the list let alone get on it.

“What is this bicycle maniac on about?  he’s off his rocker”  Thats what your thinking, haha, well you know what they say about the fine line between insanity and genius, that’s a line I’ve been riding on for decades, I’ve done skids on it and wheelies as well.  But no I’ve never gone too far into the realm of madness, I’ve held my nerve and that’s how I found the list.

Now I feel like I’m starting to ramble a bit and it’s surpising me its shaking me up because I’m a man of action not words.  I just had to answer the call to action and set the record straight about the cycling greats, who they are and who they are most certainly not.  I hope to add some pics and show you some of the secrets of the cycling scene in Korea in the coming months.  And if you’re lucky I may even tell you more about the list.


2 comments:

  1. Great job Jason, it’s about time someone starting putting things to right in the cycle scene. Who does this upstart think he is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Chester my good friend. It will take time but we shall triumph in the end.

    ReplyDelete